Before I begin this post, in the spirit of full disclosure, I missed the first two performances by Kree and Burnell. That being the case, I was only able to judge their showings by the brief snippet during the recap at the end of the show. That being the case, rating order could have potentially been slightly different had I seen the entire thing. However, I still think this is probably pretty accurate overall.
Here’s how I rank last night’s performances:
1. Angie – She looked great. I love that song. And as a pure singer, she’s fantastic.
2. Candice – Awesome song for her. It really showed off both her vocal power and personality.
3. Janelle - She made a very good song choice and performed it with in a beautifully simple, subtle way. Very good job overall.
4. Kree – While I only saw the recap snippet, she sounded good and seemingly made a good choice of song.
5. Paul - One of his best yet. It was a good fit for him and I enjoyed seeing a slightly edgier side of Paul.
6. Devin – Very smooth sound, nice tone. He did well overall.
7. Burnell - I didn’t see much nut from what I did he seemed a bit off.
8. Amber – The vocals came across nicely but the whole thing was kind of boring.
9. Lazaro - He has a great voice but the song didn’t fit and the music was distracting.
It seems that the voting public continued to remain constant last week and ultimate made what I feel was the right choice in sending Curtis home. It will be interesting to see what happens this week. I’m a huge fan of Lazaro and his inspirational story but he has been struggling as of late and I fear that he might be the one on the way home after tonight’s results show. I would assume the Top 4 I listed above should be safe but as for the rest, anything could happen.