After two weeks of voting surprises, with a really big one in Erika last week, perhaps we’ll see a correction in the voting this week if you will.
I originally missed Colton’s performance this week but went back and checked it out later. All in all, the contestants all did pretty well. But as usual, a few front runners continue to emerge while the rest of the pack if fading behind.
Here’s how I rate the performances:
1. Jessica – Interesting twist on the original song. Slow start but well done. Her vocals where truly haunting.
2. Colton – Such a heartfelt performance. Once again he showed that he is a force to be reckoned with.
3. Phillip – Awesome song selection. So cool and catchy. Great job.
4. Elise – Great song choice. She’s one awesome rock chick. Very cool.
5. Hollie – She crushes the high notes every time. Very good as usual.
6. Heejun – Very deep for him. Great start but good overall.
7. Skylar – Fun and energetic, decent but not great by any means.
8. Joshua – Kind of plain. OK at first but once he hit the middle through the end it really fell apart.
9. DeAndre – Way too much falsetto. His vocals where just all over the place.
Based on this week alone, the Bottom 3 “should” be Skylar, Joshua and DeAndre with DeAndre going home. But we have two consider two things. 1. The voters have been highly unpredictable so far. 2. At some point, votes should start to be based on a singer’s entire body of work rather than just a single show. If that happens the Bottom 3 should be the same as above with the exception of Heenjun replacing Skylar.