After the elimination of Joshua last week, American Idol fans were treated to one of the best possible combinations for the finale. Both Jessica and Phillip where surely at least among the top two contestants for respective genders (Hollie and Colton would be the other halves of that equation). Both have been fan favorites from the beginning and thus it came as no surprise that the show was quite satisfying.
HERS”S HOW I RANK ROUND 1:
1. Jessica – Nailed the high notes and came out very strong.
2. Phillip – Slow and smooth, very cool with a projection of confidence.
HERS”S HOW I RANK ROUND 2:
1. Jessica – Beautiful tone and fantastic vocals. It was nearly flawless.
2. Phillip – Good balance between the slow and upbeat. Pretty good job overall.
HERE’S HOW I RATE THE ORIGINAL SINGLES:
1. Phillip – Classic folk feel. It was simple and beautiful and a pretty fit for him.
2. Jessica – Slow start but strong on the chorus. The song itself could have been much better.
THE BOTTOM LINE:
While Jessica would have to be considered the favorite tonight, we cannot count Phillip out by any means. Ultimately, it will come down to two simple possible voting scenarios. First, if the voters looked at the three performances equally, Jessica undoubtedly won the first two rounds and thus will be this year’s winner. However, if voters decided to put more value on the performance of the original singles, Phillip will be the last one standing. Basically, it could go either way and will likely be a very slim margin.