With the exception of some rather snarky photography purists, many people like the idea of spot color photographs. And while there are many ways to get this done, some either involve expensive software or a level of expertise that takes a long time to attain. However, there is a simple and decent option for anyone that owns an Android smart phone or device.
The Color Touch application is free and allows easy adjustment.
Here is a promo sample from the app’s page.
As any reader of this blog knows, being a photography enthusiast, I tend to think that cell phone photography is generally a poor substitute for the real thing if you will.
Sure, there are some exceptions but usually a good old traditional camera or SLR is light years better than even the latest mobile phone in this area.
But, given that there are some exceptions, it only stands to reason that this would be the case with mobile editing apps as well. Enter Photoshop Express. Yes, the first name in photography has done it again.
Recently, when I was having a very difficult time editing the coloration of an image, I figured I’d give PS Express a shot. I uploaded the image from my SLR to my camera’s Micro SD card and went to work. The results where fast, easy and incredibly effective.
Check it out, I bet you be glad you did.
As a creative individual, I am often impressed with the ingenuity involved in the creation of mobile applications. this is especially true of those that are also very practical in nature.
This being the case, I’ve decided to start of this new year with a list of a few high quality applications that you might find useful.
– Uses your phone’s flash as a flashlight for time when you need a little extra light.
– If you’re a little down or stressed, this app provides simple words of encouragement with stunning photos.
– Want to know what that song is you hear playing on the radio, in the store or pretty much anywhere? This app will help you find out the artist, song title and even album it comes from.
MP3 Ringtone Maker
– Customize your own ring tones from ANY song and any part of it.
– Uses your camera as a quick and easy portable scanner to send documents and store them for your records.